Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center
- Last Updated: Friday, 31 July 2015 23:39
Getting Here - Driving
Camp Shelby is approximately 12 miles south of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Directions and distances are noted below:
* Gulfport, MS (the MS Gulf Coast) - approximately 60 miles. Take Hwy. 49 North to the Camp Shelby exits.
* Jackson, MS - approximately 108 miles. Take Hwy. 49 South to the Camp Shelby exits.
* New Orleans, LA - approximately 124 miles. Take I-10 East to I-59 North (follow signs for Hattiesburg); then take Hwy. 98 East exit (Mobile Exit); finally, take Hwy. 49 South to Camp Shelby exits.
* Mobile, AL - approximately 78 miles. Take Hwy. 98 East to Hwy. 49; take Hwy. 49 South to the Camp Shelby exits.
* Birmingham, AL - approximately 253 miles. Take I-20 West then take I-59 South. Take the Hwy. 98 exit East (towards Mobile) then take Hwy. 49 South to the Camp Shelby exits.
Mileages (except the mileage to the City limits) used 1001 Lee Ave., Camp Shelby as the Camp Shelby location.
Flying - Airports
Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional Airport
(Just north of Hattiesburg off I-59) Southern Mississippi’s gateway to the world, the Hattiesburg-Laurel Regional Airport (PIB) serves a ten-county region from its convenient location off I-59, just 12 miles from Hattiesburg. The Airport’s 6,500 - foot lighted runway can easily handle small private aircraft and also aircraft as large as a Boeing 757 and most military transports.1102 Terminal Dr., Moselle, MS 39459, www.flypib.com/, 601-545-3111. Flight Arrival/Baggage Info: 601-544-0604, U.S. Aviation, 601-544-0951
Bobby L. Chain Municipal Airport www.flyhbg.com/ 601-544-8661.
Other nearby airports:
- Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport (BHM) - www.bhamintlairport.com/
- Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport (GPT) - www.flygpt.com/
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY) - www.flymsy.com
- Jackson-Evers International Airport (JAN) - http://www.jmaa.com/
- Mobile Regional Airport, (MOB) - www.mobairport.com/
- << Prev