Public Sector UAV Workshop No. 2: FAA COA and Data Collection Compliance
- Last Updated: Thursday, 15 December 2016 11:55
WHEN: Thursday, August 18th, 2016
COST: Free to Public Sector Agencies
Compliance is ESSENTIAL.
Getting a bird in the air is easy. Collecting information is simple. However, public sector agencies CANNOT simply disregard existing FAA regulations regarding UAV operations. Nor can they ignore laws and practices regarding how information is collected and handled.
The second UAV Workshop for Public Sector Agencies will address these two critical issues during a half-day meeting on THURSDAY, AUGUST 18, 2016 - 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The Workshop will be held at OTC offices located at Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center, Building 1411.
The meeting will consist of two interactive panel discussions:
1) Access to the Sky: Requirements for Public Sector Operations of Unmanned Vehicle Systems
- Panel discussion - 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
- FAA COA (Certificate of Waiver or Authorization) - How to secure a COA for your agency/region
- Law Enforcement and Emergency Management - State and Local Agency representatives who have secured COAs
- Training, Certification, Management and Support for UAV programs
2) Maintaining Integrity of Data Collection: Gathering, Handling, Storing, Sharing Information via UAVs
- Panel discussion - 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- How to make sure information collected through UAV can stand up in court
- Privacy Issues, Fourth Amendment / Search and Seizure, Crime Scenes, Chain of Custody
- First Responders, Search and Rescue, Public Gatherings, Public / Private Easement and Access
The Unmanned Vehicle Workshops are hosted by the Open Technology Center as part of the Open Source Unmanned Remote, Autonomous Vehicle Systems program sponsored by the Department of Defense's Combating Terrorism Technical Support Office (CTTSO) and the Department of Homeland Security's Science and Technology Directorate (DHS S&T). Program activities focus on communities within the 13 counties in south Mississippi which make up the State's Fourth Congressional District and will be conducted at OTC facilities located at Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center (CSJFTC) new Hattiesburg, MS.